Top Dog Sitters offers a Home Boarding Service for dogs as an alternative to Kennels. Some dogs find kennelling very stressful, so our service allows your dog to be given the space they need to run, sleep, play and generally relax. They are given the run of the sitters’ home, with no cages or kennels and are treated as part of the family – It is holidays for dogs at its best!
How does our service work?
1) If you have an enquiry, please call us on 0800 689 1519, or click the link to complete an enquiry form Enquiry .
2) We will register your dog(s), talk through the sitters that are available for your dates, and make an arrangement for you to visit the sitter. This will allow you to see the home environment for yourself and meet any other family members (or dogs) in the household.
3) After your visit, if you are happy to progress, we will confirm your booking – at which point a deposit is payable.
4) On the day of your trip, you would drop your dog at the sitters at a prearranged time agreed with them, along with their bed, food, toys etc. At this point we would need to see their vaccination card, and know they are up to date with their boosters, flea and worming treatment. The balance of your stay is then due to the sitter.
5) During your trip (if you have requested), your sitter can text to let you know how their stay is going. We are sure your dog will have settled quickly into their new, relaxed environment but it is always good to put your mind at rest.
6) On any future stays, you can contact the office to check availability, and if your chosen sitter is not available we can look at some alternatives for you.
Top Dog Sitters aim is to provide the most suitable holiday home for your dog while you are away. Unfortunately, we cannot accept dogs that show signs of aggression, are not house trained or are likely to damage the furniture. Also, if they normally live outdoors or are not well socialised, they would not cope well within a home environment.
In extreme cases, if a dog does becomes destructive, aggressive or highly anti-social during their stay, for the safety of everyone we would have no option but to contact you and make arrangements for them to be collected, or placed in kennels at your cost. This is an extremely unlikely occurrence and every effort would be made to avoid this situation.